MORE THAN JUST DIGITAL
Many clients defer to digital mediums because they think it’s quick and cheap. They also think that it’s always effective. Research shows that the reality is different – the fact is digital needs print to be effective.
The DBC has developed a program that demonstrates how print and digital can be successfully integrated. The program includes sessions that show how to write a strategy to find new business that integrates print and digital. Greg Branson has honed this content in his 15 years of mentoring and coaching design businesses.
The Selling design for print program was fantastic for my business. The analysis my clients and competitors gave me some great insights that I have been able to leverage into new business pitches and further cement existing client relationships. In one project the research Greg sourced has put me in a stronger position with my client. The mentoring support has also been invaluable.
AJ Hightower – Managing Director, 121 Creative Geebung
The program is a mix of online tutorials; a workbook; and one-on-one sessions with Greg Branson via video conferencing. It’s begun by completing a section (takes about one hour) of the workbook. That’s followed by a one-on-one session with Greg, that allows him to get a deeper understanding of your studio. This ensures you get the most from the program.
At milestones throughout the program, you book-in for additional mentoring sessions with Greg so he can review progress and ensure the next stages of the program are specific to your studio.
The workshop is completed online in your own time at your own pace.
By the end of the program you will:
- Develop a Design Business Model Canvas to sell design for print.
- Identify your market segments for print design.
- Profile clients and their potential to use more design for print.
- Write a business cases for design for print with selected clients.
- Pitch a business case for design for print.
- Develop a strategic approach for clients to use more design and print.
- Integrate print and digital strategies for clients.
- Sign-off a campaign within 12 weeks of commencement.
This E-course has 11 lectures and 11 videos. Each lecture has Further reading lists, Links to web based material, Downloads to help you put it into practice and a Q&A email link to Greg Branson to ask questions. The 12 week program includes:
- Material aimed at designers working in specific market segments.
- Background material supplied pre-workshop to be read/watched.
- Research reports outlining print/digital medium mixes that have proved successful in various markets.
- Online presentations / activities to help analyse existing clients and develop specific strategies to get new business for your studio.
- Development of a Design Business Model Canvas for building a business that sells design for print.
- Take-away practical steps to help implement your plan.
- Ongoing mentoring to help put your strategy into action.
Duration: 12 weeks / 2 hours per week
Selling design for print is a 12 week program for studio owners, design managers and account service people in studios that have a strong existing client base. The program can be taken in your studio at any time and at a pace that suits you. You can choose up to four people to take part in the program.
Studio owners wanting to develop marketing campaigns.
New business development directors.
Client service directors want to get new business.
Solo studio owners want to grow their business.
BUSINESS OF DESIGN
The Business of Design Leadership Program is leadership program that develops a management team in your studio. It involves the whole studio in an online program of mentoring and workshops.
DESIGN STUDIO MANAGEMENT
The Design Studio Management Program is a fast-track to the management skills needed to run a design studio. It’s perfect for designers wanting to move to management or start their own business.